Here are 7 healthy weight loss tips to help you lose weight in a healthy way:
- The decision to lose weight should be one that belongs entirely to you. If you are determined to lose weight this year you have to do 100% changes in your lifestyle and in your diet. If you took this decision just to please someone, you destroyed any chances of success. Never think that if your girlfriend lost weight with a specific diet you will lose weight the same way. No! When you are ready to make these changes, focus on your eating habits and weigh them to find a solution right for your body.
- Do not blame yourself if you are not perfect! If the first attempt to lose weight was a total failure, do not think that you are not able to follow a diet. Don’t give up the idea of losing weight. Accept that you made a wrong choice and do not let a single “lost battle” destroy your will to lose weight. The same “recipe” can be applied for your workout routine: if you postpone your daily scheduled exercises or simply you were lazy to do them, it does not mean that you lost perspective. Losing weight does not involve perfect decisions every time, but rather constant attempts. You have adopt the right solutions and avoid the inappropriate ones as much as possible at each step of the way.
- Try to avoid the places where the temptation to give in to your bad eating habits is super high. Each of us has a moment of the day when they are more “weak” or less resistant to the temptation of food: whether it is the morning, while you enjoy your coffee, or after working long hours or maybe when you are out with your friends. What should you do in these situations? Try to change the activities you have reserved for those times of the day or think of ways that you can divert attention from food and follow them closely when you feel it is necessary.
- Hang around people who support you in your efforts to lose weight and do not push you to inappropriate food choices. Even best friends can sometimes sabotage your efforts to lose weight intentionally or unintentionally. Stay away from them if you find this is the case.
- Every time you reach a weight loss goal make yourself a gift, but make sure it does not consist of candy or other fattening foods. For example, at the end of the first week in which you have adopted a balanced and healthy diet or after you lost your first 1o pounds buy a CD or a book you desire a lot. You can also treat yourself to a movie or go see a play at the local theatre.
- Fill your fridge only with healthy foods. Snacks and sweets have no business being around you. But remember to keep skimmed yogurt, lots of fruit, pudding (sugar free) and vegetables close to you. They can help you lose weight and are the perfect healthy snack.
- Set clearly defined weight loss goals and try to focus on them.Do not look at things this way “I must lose 10-15 pounds to look good”. Your goal shouldn’t be to lose a certain number of pounds to look good. Your goal should be to look a certain way and keep losing weight until you reach your desired outcome. But be careful and set realistic weight loss goals and try to achieve them without putting your life and health in danger.
Raw Andrew is a former overweight